Sunday, August 14, 2016

Hot flashes ~ be gone with you . . .

and my MacaPause miracle!


First of all, I feel the need to post a disclaimer that I am not a medical health professional.  I am a woman who likes living a healthy, fit life.  I want to be active well into old age ~ not just surviving, but thriving.  I do a lot of reading and ask a lot of questions in my pursuit of healthy living.

Perimenopause is defined as the time period in which a woman's body transitions to complete infertility.  I'm in that stage.  According to my doctor, I will be in menopause once I have not had a menstrual cycle for 12 months.  For the last three years, my body plays an awful trick on me by not producing a flow until I hit the 10 or 11 month mark.  Are you kidding me?  So close!

So I am not going into all the details of this stage of life.  Anything you want to know, you can ask your doctor or google.

What I can share is that I NO LONGER HAVE HOT FLASHES AND NIGHT SWEATS!  About two weeks prior to my move back to Washington State, I was in my local health food store and picked up literature about Femmenessence MacaPause  https://www.femmenessence.com/index.php/femmenessence-macapause.html.

I had been experiencing hot flashes and night sweats on and off for about 1 1/2 years.  The night sweats would wake me up two to three times per night.  I would awaken just prior to the combustion of heat ramping up, tear off the covers, cool down, cover up, fall asleep, repeat.  And trust me when I say this isn't just a matter of getting warm and cooling off with a fan.  Hot flashes are some kind of internal inferno that wouldn't be relieved from living inside a freezing meat locker!  The heat goes down when it wants to go down.

My doctor asked me if I would like a prescription to provide relief.  Because of all the potential side effects of typical treatments for this natural stage of life and also because I have not experienced the many other symptoms associated with menopause, I declined.  However, I really desired an uninterrupted night of sleep.  So my research began and then I serendipitously stumbled upon the literature for Femmenessence MacaPause.  Maca Root is the supplement that is the basis for this product.  I went online, read a lot, compared the different brands that produce this supplement and decided to give it a try.

The product package states that you'll feel relief within 2 to 21 days.  It took about 7 days for me to be completely free of hot flashes.  Because the hot flashes may have gone due to natural hormone cycles, I was going to test it by not taking it for a while.  However, due to some very busy family fun times and not having brought the MacaPause with me, I missed a few doses and lo and behold the furnace got stoked up in all it's menacing fury.  I immediately set an alarm on my phone to remind me to take it and I carry some in my purse at all times.  After a couple of doses, I was feeling relief again.  Yay!!!!

So bottom line ~ I highly recommend Femmenessence MacaPause https://www.femmenessence.com/index.php/femmenessence-macapause.html.  You may find relief with another Maca Root product and that is fine, just get relief.  I happen to like all the research this company has done and that it can claim clinical proof of it efficacy.  They also have other products in their line that serve women of all ages.  I am certainly a fan!

Please let me know if you try this product or something like it and if it works for you.  We can most definitely help one another by sharing.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment